Get 20% off this month when you try our services!
hardwood flooring versus other types of floor covering?
Consider these facts: Why choose
· A real, solid hardwood floor will last the life of the home, and can be refinished/repaired as needed. Most other types of flooring will be replaced every 5 to 7 years. Therefore, when considering the life-cycle cost of different types of flooring, hardwood actually ends up being less expensive in most cases. If bought with a new home, for example, hardwood flooring will still be in service at the end of a 30-year mortgage, while most other flooring will have been replaced approximately 5 times. With carpet, for example, you’re still paying for the carpet that was installed when the house was built, as well as any replacement flooring usually financed on credit cards.
· Hardwood floors add between 2 and 10 percent to the value of a home offered for re-sale, according to a survey of the National Association of Realtors. Just look in the real estate ads; if a home has hardwood flooring, it’s noted in the listing because realtors know hardwood floors are in demand and will help sell the home.
· Increased concern for their health has brought many people to hardwood flooring. The medical community is on record in favor of hard surface flooring, since carpet is the primary culprit in harboring dust and dust mites in the home or office. One doctor recently even wrote a patient with allergy problems a prescription for a hardwood floor.
· Hardwood is clearly the trend in flooring design, with many innovative products now available from which to choose.Oak,, Maple, Hickory, Walnut, Birch
· Q: I bought one of the Shark steam mops and I wanted to make certain it is OK to use it on the floors. I asked the guy I bought the floors from and he said he called the steam mop manufacturer and never got an answer. Could you help me please?
· A: Steam mops use water vapor under pressure, and we cannot recommend them for that reason. Water causes wood to swell, resulting in raised edges, possible finish peeling, etc. We recommend using Somerset's specially-formulated Ultimate Cleaner. We also make available a Mop Kit and replacement mop heads to make cleanup easy.
At Carpet Direct we carry familiar Brand Names in Hardwood such as: Solid and Engineered
Mohawk, Somerset, Paramount, Mannington, Mirage,